Jeunes Restaurateurs d'Europe
ZWIESEL KRISTALLGLAS has been an exclusive partner at Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe (JRE) events since 2009. Both partners can take advantage of important synergies from this cooperation. ZWIESEL KRISTALLGLAS supports JRE with high-quality glass series which are suitable for any occasion as well as with various serving glass series.
In this connection, JRE gladly falls back on the design and functionality of the brands SCHOTT ZWIESEL and ZWIESEL 1872. Both sides benefit from such a transfer of know-how.
Jeunes Restaurateurs - Germany’s top young chefs
They are young and want to make a difference together. They have a goal, namely to passionately reinterpret German cuisine, creatively but authentically. And Jeunes Restaurateurs primarily achieve that with talent and passion as well as ability, friendship and knowledge transfer!
In 1991, seven enthusiastic young chefs joined forces and established the Germany Section of the association existing in France since 1974. Today, Germany’s top young chefs number 69 members in 64 establishments with 56 Michelin stars throughout Germany: from Sylt to Oberstdorf, from Dresden to Düsseldorf.
JRE are allied in their passion for the creative implementation of European culinary art and a special quality pledge: great culinary ability and the respect for local traditions and products are combined with a high degree of hospitality among the JRE.
You will not only find Jeunes Restaurateurs throughout Germany, but also as a European association with about 350 members in eleven other European countries (Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, Croatia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia and Spain) as well as in Australia.
Facts and figures
- 1974: Establishment of Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe (French for “young restaurateurs”) in France
- 1991: establishment of the Germany Section
- 69 top chefs are involved today
- 2.6 million guests a year
- 56 out of 274 Michelin stars in Germany
- A total of 925 in the Gault-Millau restaurant guide
- 25 years: earliest possible age for admission
- 37 years: age at which nobody may be admitted to the association
- 50 years: from Jeunes Restaurateurs to Table d'Honneur (retirement from active involvement in the association)
- Age 55: status switches to Membre d'Honneur
Here you can obtain information about current Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe events: Event calendar